Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Decorating With Vinyl

As much as I love Christmas and enjoyed the decorating and making gifts, I am ready to get back to blogging about home decor projects and finds.  

So excited about what I got for Christmas!!  My daughter had asked me what I wanted a month or so ago and I told her I would love the Sure Cuts A Lot software for my Cricut.  This great program lets you cut any font or dingbat on your computer with your Cricut, no expensive cartridges needed .  So awesome, since I am a font-a-holic and have downloaded a million from the internet!

So my first project was making some vinyl numbers and the frenchy crown for these plates.  The white vinyl is just contact paper from Dollar Tree.  The black is the Cricut vinyl.





I also did this quote for my craft room wall.  I'm not sure where it's from, but I love it!



I know it looks crooked in the pic but it  must be my camera distorting it .  I measured carefully and it is straight on the wall.  Weird!

Thanks for stopping by.  Your comments are so appreciated!  See you at the parties below.  



Photobucket












Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


Its So Very Cheri


The DIY Show Off








UndertheTableandDreaming


20 comments:

  1. It all looks like fun, Renee. Love the numbers on the plates!

    Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUV those plates, Renee! Great job! I'm thinkin' I may need to ask for one of those CriCut thingies for my birthday.....lol! :) Happy WW!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it is nice to get back to home decorating projects. I love your plates! I want a circuit too and how nice of your daughter to get you that awesome program!

    hugs,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a creative lady, you probably hardly took a break to eat some Turkey (lol). I always love your projects and these numbered plates are adorable. The quote is so appropriate for you! Looking forward to all your projects in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming plates and a great quote on your wall.
    Blessings~
    Gwenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love that quote. And from what I'm seeing, it must be a perfect one for you. Beautifully done. Love the plates, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about that software - I'll have to look into that! Great project - love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Thanks for sharing on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I found you thru the link party on Funky junk. I love the number plates, the black and white color combo is stunning! I'm new to blogging, I'd love if you'd check mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quote and way to start off the New Year! I love your creations! Of course I love everything with numbers, so the plates are fab!

    Happy New Year!
    ~ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe someday I can get a Cricut! I can't imagine all the fun that I could create with that! I just saw that someone bought some vinyl pre-cut numbers from Lowe's that you would typically use for an address and used them to decorate...I may have to do that for now until my Cricut magically appears! Love your creations! -diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee I love the numbered plates.... very nice!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too am a font downloading machine. I told my husband I MUST have this program for my cricut! I love how your plates turned out. So simple, but so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got a circut cutter for Christmas and I will be trying your numbers on plates.
    Thanks for the inspirtion.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty ! Thank you so much for linking up !
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to be so late but I just found your blog..and these plates are so awesome. I LOVE anything with numbers right now. In another few months, guess it will be something else.
    I've used the vinyl numbers that I buy from office supply stores and such but they aren't pretty and curvy like yours.
    A very nice job.
    Oh, and I am signing up to follow. :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. oops, as usual the FOLLOW ME thingy isn't working. I'll be back, tho.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are treasured!