Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's a Magazine Rack. Or is it?

I love finding uses for things other than what they were meant for.  I also love 'shopping' my house, finding things in one room I can take into another and use in a different way.  One favorite piece is this white magazine rack.  In it's former life it was in my bathroom holding some good reading material.  But I looked at it one day and thought it would look lovely showcasing some white plates and frames.  





I really love it against the soft green wall.   I made the little framed print from a graphic from, you guessed it, the Graphics Fairy.  What would I do without her lovely blog and all the fabulous freebies she has for the taking?  Perish the thought!  



Thanks for visiting!  Come back soon, I have a really fun project in the works!  It's an vintage suitcase that's in for a big transformation. 


I hope you'll consider becoming a follower and your comments are cherished.  Linking up to the parties below!   



 
Photobucket








NightOwlCrafting



Transformation Thursday



giveaways




8 comments:

  1. This is darling! I love it! I am a new fan.
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It nice how you can repurpose items you already have around the house! You've created a really nice vignette and I'm always on the lookout for whatever it is you're working on! You're a constant inspiration for me! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renee, love the magazine rack! I've been searching for one, or two or more (!) for my studio:)
    hugs,
    paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love repurposed, especially with such a pretty piece!

    -caroline
    http://cwfrosting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, I love your wire rack and it looks wonderful holding the white plates and frames. I also love that little hutch with all the curved lines. Your home looks so lovely!

    hugs,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous and very creative! I like it better this way than holding magazines.
    Visiting from WW (a tad late!) LOL
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  7. where did you find those white plates I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you find those white plates... I love them!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are treasured!