Wednesday, February 16, 2011

White Frames

I love Wednesdays!  It's my first day off of the week and that means I get to play~ creating, thrifting, blogging.  Today also happens to be payday so I get to go shopping, too!   My first stop will be the thrift stores to look for some more frames.
I found this little item a few weeks ago.


It was meant to hang vertically but one chain link was broken.  Someone had painted pretty little flowers on each tile.  Cute, but not what I had in mind.

I took the chains off the back and added some little black and white photos of my kids.  My original plan had been to hang each tile from a ribbon or burlap on a rod but I wasn't happy with how it came together.  So I finally decided to frame them within a frame.





It's very hard for me to pass by any ornate looking frames I come across in thrift stores or yard sales.  I know they'll be gorgeous given a fresh coat of Heirloom White.  But most finds are rather small and I only had two larger ones on hand.  So these cuties are waiting for their frame:




 





 

Off to find the perfect one!  Have a great day and be sure to visit the charming parties below.  I would so very happy to have you as a follower and hope you'll visit again soon!  


Photobucket










NightOwlCrafting




 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/





Transformation Thursday


11 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, framing frames! Looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute use of frames. I absolutely love vintage frames. So charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great find, they look so cute inside a larger frame, like something out of a chic magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find on the painted tiles. I love the frame inside of a frame. Makes such a beautiful statement and focal point. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee,
    These look outstanding...thanks for sharing your neat idea at NTT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea putting photos in the tin tiles. They look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look and I am totally with you on the ornate frames & heirloom white! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful frames and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea Renee! I have the same problem as you - I cannot pass up a good frame...lol. I love how your frame within a frame turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm visiting from The Shabby Chic Cottage. Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are treasured!