Monday, June 6, 2011

Do It Yourself Document Fabric!

Sorry I've been away so long!  It's that busy, crazy time of year with graduations, parties, end of the school year madness.  I have also had some computer issues.  I am currently blogging on my old laptop with a cracked screen.  Not good.  Hopefully my Toshiba will be out of the shop soon, I forgot how slow this one is!



I have found time to thrift though,  that's therapy!  I found a really cool vintage chair that I am redoing and decided to make my own 'document' fabric to recover the seat.  You know, that great fabric that Ballard's sells for $32 a yard! 





I created this image with photo editing software using graphics from The Graphics Fairy and wrote some of my own text using two awesome fonts called Byron and The King & Queen.  Staples enlarged my design to 18"x24" for just $1.99 and then I used Citra Solv to transfer the image to my 'burlapy' type fabric. 










The image is softer than the Ballard's but I love the look~ kind of like a faded grain sack.  Here's a close up.  Sorry for the poor pics, it's night time and I have a lousy camera!










I so hope you'll come back Wednesday to see the reveal of my chair makeover finished with this fabric!  Thanks for visiting!  Linking up to these fun parties!





Photobucket



 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


UndertheTableandDreaming

7 comments:

  1. Your fabric looks wonderful, can't wait to see the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspirational idea! That fabric looks amazing, I can't wait to see the chair! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aren't you inventive! Very pretty.


    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cool! I will definitely be back on Wednesday! Coming over from Coastal Charm and your newest follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee - Your fabric turned out lovely. Such a neat and creative idea - love the print! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I am a little behind commenting - but I have featured this Monday. Hope you are having a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are treasured!